Training support to advance your career
Are you aged over 40?
Then you may be eligible for a co-contribution of 50% (up to $2000 ex GST) of your course fees.
The Older Workers program is available in all states and territories and is a great opportunity to reskill or upskill and attain the latest industry recognised qualifications.
If you're aged over 40, employed or recently unemployed (less than 12 months) and not receiving Australian Government employment assistance, then we can help.
Enquire today about funding
Choose your course guide
2022 Older Workers Funding
Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers
From 1 January 2022, you are eligible to apply for the incentive if:
- are aged over 40
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- are currently employed OR recently unemployed (less than 12 months) and not registered with an Australian Government employment services provider.
Depending on your career objectives, work experience and prior qualifications, we have a wide range of online courses to choose from including the following nationally recognised qualifications:
- FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set
- FNSSS00015 Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set
- FNS30317 Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting & Bookkeeping
- FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
- FNS60217 Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
- FNSSS00012 Payroll Administrator Skill Set
- FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services
- Tax Practitioners Board courses for Tax Agent Registration and BAS Agent Registration
If you meet the eligibility criteria, yes we can help you start the application for funding today.
First, please complete the contact form. We will send your course information and a link to the Skills Checkpoint application.
Payment plans are NOT available with this funding, you must pay 50% of the cost upfront.
Once you have completed the online Skills Checkpoint application, you will be allocated a Checkpoint Career Advisor. The advisors are not part of Applied Education; they work with you develop a personalised career plan, to approve your funding and will liaise with us when you are ready to enrol.
The Australian Government's Department of Education Skills and Employment, through the Skills and Training Incentive, is providing up to $2,000 to fund training to help mature age Australians to update their skills and remain in or re-enter the workforce.
This Initiative is available in all states and territories for workers aged over 40. The funding covers 50% of the cost of a course up to $2,000 (ex. GST) and is a great opportunity for older Australians to reskill or upskill and attain the latest industry recognised qualifications.
You can find out more information about the Incentive and the Program by visiting:
- skillscheck.com.au or
- the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website at https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-checkpoint-older-workers-program and https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-and-training-incentive.
*Check the full eligibility requirements below
Online Qualification Courses
Our courses are offered as online self-paced learning, offering flexibility and allowing your studies to fit in with your lifestyle or existing work commitments.
Not eligible for this funding? Not sure which course is right for you? Completed prior units and may be eligible for credits? Call us on 1800 678 073 or book an enrolment consultation with a Course Adviser.
Key Benefits of Studying with Applied Education
Everything you need to start studying today.
Nationally Recognised Training
As a Registered Training Organisation (ID 52240), we comply with the government’s strict quality and consistency standards. We conduct regular audits to ensure we keep this accreditation and deliver the level of training you deserve.