Become an Early Childhood Educator – Your childcare career starts here.
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care will give you the opportunity to become an assistant in the Early Childhood Industry.
This course meets the education requirements to begin your career in any of the following job roles;
- Early Childhood Educator
- Playgroup Supervisor
- Family Day care educator
- School Age Care Assistant
- Recreation Assistant
- Nanny and Mobile Assistant
You can work in a range of early childhood education settings including long day care, family day care, occasional care, school age care and more.
This Early Childhood course has been designed in consultation with a variety of industry experts from the childcare and Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) facilities to ensure the skills gained are what employers are looking for.
Nationally Recognised Training
As a Registered Training Organisation (ID 52240), we comply with the government’s strict quality and consistency standards. We conduct regular audits to ensure we keep this accreditation and deliver the level of training you deserve.
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification is recognised in all states and territories in Australia.
Practical Work Placement
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care comprises of online study via our student portal and work placement in a “Long Daycare Centre”. Applied Education can assist you with this work placement at location near you. Contact us for details.
Work placement comprises of 120 hours as a practical student in the workplace at an approved “Long Daycare Centre”. As a student, this is a volunteer work placement with a minimum of three days per week until you have been deemed competent in the course components. Hours are based on a normal work day of between 7.5 to 8.5 hours depending on location.
Online Learning & Work Placement – Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care
Online learning is a convenient, effective and affordable way to learn when and where you want. Complete the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care online at your own pace and your own leisure whilst still having access to the Training and Assessment team for support to maximise your learning experience.
Enrol any time
Education Pathway to Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Did you know? Many of the units for the Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care are prerequisites for the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
Please note students must have the following at enrolment and before being placed with a Long Daycare Centre.
- A genuine desire to work in the childcare industry.
- A satisfactory level of language and literacy skills will be established at the time of enrolment. Completion of an online Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment will provided by Applied Education and is completed online. This takes between 1 to 3 hours.
- Students must hold a valid Working with Children WA Card or commence application at time of enrolment. Click here for details.
- Students must hold a current National Police clearance certificate or commence application at time of enrolment. Must have a two year validity remaining at time of enrolment. Click here for details.