Complete only 7 units to attain this new industry qualification
The Diploma of Payroll Services is a new industry qualification which will prepare you in becoming a payroll professional and enable you to perform a vast array of functions including:
- Manage payroll
- Process salary packaging and complex terminations
- Process and manage superannuation
- Be compliant with industrial regulations and taxation systems relevant to payroll.
Payroll has become such an important function that businesses want employees with specialised skills and knowledge that can only be obtained through a nationally recognised qualification
We offer a significant discount on our upgrade packages to previous Certificate IV in Accounting & Bookkeeping students of Applied Education.
We understand not everyone has the financial resources upfront to invest in training, so we offer payment plans to get you moving faster towards your future. The Diploma of Payroll Services is eligible for a 6-month or 12-month payment plan.
- An administration fee, $100 for 6-month plan or $150 for 12-month plan, is added for this option
- A $250 deposit is processed at the commencement of course
- Remainder is paid over 6 or 12 equal monthly instalments
- All you need is a valid credit card
Complete just 7 units of competency to achieve FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services
- BSBFIM502 Manage Payroll
- FNSPAY501 Process salary packaging arrangements and additional allowances in payroll
- FNSPAY502 Process superannuation payments in payroll
- FNSPAY503 Process complex employee terminations in payroll
- FNSPAY504 Interpret and apply knowledge of industrial regulations relevant to payroll
- FNSPAY505 Interpret and apply knowledge of taxation systems relevant to payroll
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
When you enrol in this course you can choose 1 FREE Fundamental Bundle.
You will have a total of 12 months to complete this course with a nominal 1200 course hours, however you can complete as fast as you would like as there is no minimum time frame.
Digital course training manuals for the Diploma of Payroll Services are included as part of the course at no additional cost. Note; digital versions are non-editable and non-printable.
If required, hard copy manuals can be purchased at additional cost. Hard copy for FNSINC401 is purchased separately (approx. $60 ex postage) from an external publisher, full details are provided on enrolment. Hard copies for all other units are purchased directly from Applied Education ($220 incl postage) for upgrade students.
Before starting this course, you will be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) questionnaire. This quick questionnaire is used to determine your LLN skill level so that we can best support you in your studies.
Introductory Requirements & Units
The Introductory Requirements include an Oral Communication Skills Assessment and a Work Health and Safety Assessment.
The Unit assessments and exams are completed using a variety of methods and are submitted via our online student portal. They are conducted open book at either your home or office, and comprise of theoretical and practical exercises.
Some units include an exam component, which needs to be independently supervised. Exams are three-hour, open-book assessments comprising of short answer and multiple choice questions, very similar in format to the unit assessments.
Exams must be completed within your course duration period. Prior to your exam, you will need to complete and return the Supervisor Nomination Form to Applied Education detailing your supervisor's information, contact details and the elected date of your assessment.
Exams can be undertaken at any location and time of your choosing, with the only condition being that you have a nominated, independent supervisor present. Your supervisor can be a person of responsibility such as a registered tax agent, member of an accounting professional body, public servant, doctor, nurse, police officer, director etc. who does not have a close personal or professional relationship with you.
If you cannot arrange a supervisor then we offer the following options for conducting your supervised assessment:
Skype Online - online supervised exam with one of our staff members
Perth Training Centre - Level 1, 524 Hay St, Perth WA 6000
If you require supervision of an assessment by Applied Education, additional costs may apply. Refer to Student Handbook.
Free Fundamentals Bundle Included
Choose one FREE online learning bundle or two for $295, or all three for $495.
- Excel Introductory & Intermediate Online
- Word Introductory & Intermediate Online
- Microsoft Outlook Online
- Instant Access
Xero & MYOB Fundamentals (Popular)
- Certificate in Xero Accounting Online
- Certificate in Xero Payroll Online
- Certificate in MYOB Bookkeeping Online
- Latest Xero release
- Payroll Administration
- GST & BAS Workshop
- Salary Packaging
- Terminations Workshop
Nationally Recognised Training
As a Registered Training Organisation (ID 52240), we comply with the government’s strict quality and consistency standards. We conduct regular audits to ensure we keep this accreditation and deliver the level of training you deserve.
The FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services is recognised in all states and territories of Australia.