Use your tax refund towards your future.
TAX TIME SPECIALS - 20% OFF
Advance your career as a payroll professional
Applied Education have been delivering payroll courses since 1999. We understand the importance of properly trained payroll staff who are able to efficiently process payroll using the most up-to-date technology and comply with all relevant state and territory laws.
The Diploma of Payroll Services is a new industry qualification, released in 2018, which will prepare you in becoming a payroll professional and enable you to perform a vast array of functions including:
- Manage payroll
- Process salary packaging and complex terminations
- Process and manage superannuation
- Be compliant with industrial regulations and taxation systems relevant to payroll.
Payroll has become such an important function that businesses want employees with specialised skills and knowledge that can only be obtained through a nationally recognised qualification.
TAX TIME SPECIALS - OFFER EXTENDED
20% off the course price when you pay upfront
Potential jobs for payroll professionals:
- Payroll Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Salary Packaging Administrator
- Finance Manager
- Payroll Consultant
- Small business operator
Online Self Paced
Study at your own pace
Log in to our student portal at any time to access your course material.
Complete your studies and assessments at a time that fits in with your lifestyle or other work commitments.
Also includes classroom recordings and bonus upskill courses.
Upgrade Package: $1912
RRP $2390Full Course: $2712
Valid pay in full only
Attend class from anywhere
Study from home and participate in live weekly tutorials for the latest in online learning.
One day per week over 11 weeks
9am to 12 noon AWST
(Next intake: Feb 2019)
As a Registered Training Organisation (ID 52240), we comply with the government’s strict quality and consistency standards. We conduct regular audits to ensure we keep this accreditation and deliver the level of training you deserve.
The FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services is recognised in all states and territories of Australia.
Units of Competency
The Diploma of Payroll Services comprises 11 units of study.
= Upgrade Package unit
8 Core Units:
- BSBFIM502 Manage Payroll
- FNSPAY501 Process salary packaging arrangements and additional allowances in payroll
- FNSPAY502 Process superannuation payments in payroll
- FNSPAY503 Process complex employee terminations in payroll
- FNSPAY504 Interpret and apply knowledge of industrial regulations relevant to payroll
- FNSPAY505 Interpret and apply knowledge of taxation systems relevant to payroll
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
- FNSACC313 Perform Financial Calculations
Other units from an endorsed training package can be considered towards elective component on request.
If you have previously completed a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40215/FNS40615) you may be eligible for our Upgrade Package. Email us for details and include your previous results or statement of attainment.
Students completing the full course will have up to 24 months to complete the Diploma of Payroll Services.
Students enrolling in the Upgrade Package have 18 months.
There is no minimum time frame to complete the course.
The full course is estimated to be approximately 600 hours of study and assessment time, however this will vary depending on the individual rate of learning.
Assessments are completed using a variety of methods and are submitted via our online student portal.
Diploma of Payroll Services assessments are conducted open book at either your home or office, and comprise of theoretical and practical exercises which are to be submitted within 18 months from your enrolment date.
Electronic textbooks for the Diploma of Payroll Services are included as part of the course at no additional cost.
The course content is accessed via our online student portal, with additional resources, extra learning materials and classroom recordings also available.
If required, hard copy textbooks can also be optionally purchased ($250 full set, $150 upgrade students).
We understand not everyone has the financial resources upfront to invest in training, so we offer payment plans to get you moving faster towards your future.
- Pay a $475 deposit at commencement of course
- Remainder is paid over 6 or 12 equal monthly instalments, depending on the option selected.
- An administration fee of $100 applies for the 6 month option, and $150 for the 12 month option.
- All you need is a valid credit card.
Free Upskill Courses:
Enrol in the FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services and enjoy access to additional online accounting software courses and Microsoft courses.
You'll also receive:
All enrolled students will receive access to the classroom recordings for the course.
Self-paced students and Live Online students will still be able to access full classroom recordings to assist with their studies.
Receive access to the full suite of Google Apps with your student ID, including:
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Google Docs
- and more
2018 Tax Summary
Free electronic copy included in course (RRP $149). This tax guide is essential for anyone navigating the Australian taxation system.