Looking for a job in Payroll or looking to take your skills to the next level?
Applied Education have been delivering payroll courses since 1999. We understand the importance of properly trained payroll staff who are able to efficiently process payroll using the most up-to-date technology and comply with all relevant state and territory laws.
The Diploma of Payroll Services is a new industry qualification which will prepare you in becoming a payroll professional and enable you to perform a vast array of functions including:
- Manage payroll
- Process salary packaging and complex terminations
- Process and manage superannuation
- Be compliant with industrial regulations and taxation systems relevant to payroll.
Payroll has become such an important function that businesses want employees with specialised skills and knowledge that can only be obtained through a nationally recognised qualification.
Get the course guide!
"Am I ready to study checklist?" included
Diploma of Payroll With Credits
- Previously completed a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Accounting you may be eligible to enrol in our Upgrade Package
- Contact us to discuss your options
- Online Learning Platform - Start immediately
- Also includes classroom recordings and bonus upskill courses
Diploma of Payroll
- New Industry Qualification for Payroll Professionals
- Online Learning Platform - Start immediately
- Includes classroom recordings and bonus upskill courses
- Student membership Institute of Certificate Bookkeepers valued at $120
Units of Competency
The Diploma of Payroll Services comprises 11 units of study.
= Upgrade Package unit
8 Core Units:
- BSBFIM502 Manage Payroll
- FNSPAY501 Process salary packaging arrangements and additional allowances in payroll
- FNSPAY502 Process superannuation payments in payroll
- FNSPAY503 Process complex employee terminations in payroll
- FNSPAY504 Interpret and apply knowledge of industrial regulations relevant to payroll
- FNSPAY505 Interpret and apply knowledge of taxation systems relevant to payroll
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBSMB412 Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- FNSACC313 Perform Financial Calculations
Other units from an endorsed training package can be considered towards elective component on request.
If you have previously completed a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40215/FNS40615) you may be eligible for our Upgrade Package. Email us for details and include your previous results or statement of attainment.
Free Upskill Courses:
Enrol in the FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services and enjoy access to additional online accounting software courses and Microsoft courses.
You'll also receive:
All enrolled students will receive access to the classroom recordings for the course.
Self-paced students and Live Online students will still be able to access full classroom recordings to assist with their studies.
Student Support - The Applied Education Difference
Students completing the full course will have up to 24 months to complete the Diploma of Payroll Services.
Students enrolling in the Upgrade Package have 18 months.
There is no minimum time frame to complete the course.
The full course is estimated to be approximately 900 hours of study and assessment time, however this will vary depending on the individual rate of learning.
Electronic textbooks for the Diploma of Payroll Services are included as part of the course at no additional cost.
The course content is accessed via our online student portal, with additional resources, extra learning materials and classroom recordings also available.
If required, hard copy textbooks can also be optionally purchased ($250 full set, $150 upgrade students).
1) Preliminary Assessments
Before participating in this course you will be required to complete simple preliminary assessments which include a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Test and a Work Health and Safety Assessment. Please note that it is now also a requirement of the Financial Services Training Package that your oral communication skills be assessed as part of your course. For online students, this will require the submission of a voice recording of a role-play conversation between yourself and others (further details will be provided upon enrolment).
2) Unit Assessments
Assessments are completed using a variety of methods and are submitted via our online student portal.
Diploma of Payroll Services assessments are conducted open book at either your home or office, and comprise of theoretical and practical exercises which are to be submitted within 24 months from your enrolment date.
Tax Practitioners Board Licensing Course units include an exam component, which needs to be independently supervised. Exams are three-hour, open-book assessments comprising of short answer and multiple choice questions, very similar in format to the unit assessments.
Exams must be completed within your course duration period. Prior to your exam, you will need to complete and return the Supervisor Nomination Form to Applied Education detailing your supervisor's information, contact details and the elected date of your assessment.
Exams can be undertaken at any location and time of your choosing, with the only condition being that you have a nominated supervisor present. Your supervisor can be any person of responsibility such as a registered tax agent, member of an accounting professional body, public servant, doctor, nurse, police officer, director etc.
If you cannot arrange a supervisor then we offer the following options for conducting your supervised assessment:
Skype Online - online supervised exam with one of our staff members
Perth Training Centre - Level 1, 524 Hay St, Perth WA 6000
Melbourne Training Centre - Level 27, 101 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Sydney Training Centre - Level 26, 44 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000
Adelaide Training Centre - Level 30, Westpac House, 91 King William St, Adelaide SA 5000
Brisbane Training Centre - Level 19, 10 Eagle St, Brisbane QLD 4000
We understand not everyone has the financial resources upfront to invest in training, so we offer payment plans to get you moving faster towards your future.
- Pay a $475 deposit at commencement of course
- Remainder is paid over 6 or 12 equal monthly instalments, depending on the option selected.
- An administration fee of $100 applies for the 6 month option, and $150 for the 12 month option.
- All you need is a valid credit card.
Concessions on Courses
Concession pricing is available for eligible students as per the Student Handbook. Proof of concession must be provided at the time of enrolment; please contact us to apply for a concession rate when enrolling.
As a Registered Training Organisation (ID 52240), we comply with the government’s strict quality and consistency standards. We conduct regular audits to ensure we keep this accreditation and deliver the level of training you deserve.
The FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services is recognised in all states and territories of Australia.
Potential jobs for payroll professionals:
- Payroll Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Salary Packaging Administrator
- Finance Manager
- Payroll Consultant
- Small business operator