SHARPEN YOUR VALUE
Up to 15% OFF ends 30 April 2019
Broaden your career as a business professional
Got a mind for business but want to improve your financial skills? Or working as a bookkeeper and want to advance your career?
If you're looking to develop your business and financial management skills, our Dual Diploma of Business & Accounting (BSB50215/FNS50217) combines essential business skills with financial know-how; a powerhouse combination that will open many doors for your career.
This qualification is one of our Express Diploma packages – it meets all of the prerequisite requirements to attain the qualification, meaning you don't need to have completed a lower-level qualification to enrol. However, accounting industry experience is recommended to undertake this course.
This is a unique opportunity to undertake two nationally-recognised qualifications in a single packaged course, and features the most up-to-date qualifications in the industry.
Get the course guide!
"Am I ready to study checklist?" included
Express Dual Diploma of Business & Accounting
- Accounting experience but no qualifications? No problems.
Our Express Diploma of Business & Accounting (BSB50215 & FNS50217) includes the required prerequisite units to be awarded both qualifications upon completion.
- Commence at any time - enrol now, start now!
- Online Learning - study at your own pace, at a time convenient for you.
Previous Qualification Upgrade Package
- If you have a previous qualification in either
Business or Accounting, you may be able to use some of your previous units as a credit transfer option towards the BSB50215-FNS50217 Dual Diploma of Business & Accounting.
- Credit Transfer - contact us to discuss this option.
- Online Learning - study at your own pace, at a time convenient for you.
Call UsCall us on 1800 678 073 to discuss this option,
or email us via the button below.
As a Registered Training Organisation (ID 52240), we comply with the government’s strict quality and consistency standards. We conduct regular audits to ensure we keep this accreditation and deliver the level of training you deserve.
The BSB50215 Diploma of Business and FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting are recognised in all states and territories of Australia.
There is no minimum time frame to complete the course.
You will be given 36 months to complete the Dual Qualification.
Electronic textbooks are supplied for Modules 1 and 2 (Business and Accounting Fundamentals). These are packed full of high-quality, easy-to-read content. Hard copies of the texts can be purchased if required.
Diploma level accounting units (Module 3) require the separate purchase of textbooks. Applied Education students receive a discount when ordering through our supplier, full details are provided on enrolment. Total cost for these textbooks will be approximately $350.
1) Preliminary Assessments
Before participating in this course you will be required to complete simple preliminary assessments which include a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Test and a Work Health and Safety Assessment. Please note that it is now also a requirement of the Financial Services & Business Services Training Packages that your oral communication skills be assessed as part of the course. For online students, this will require the submission of a voice recording of a role-play conversation between yourself and others (further details will be provided upon enrolment).
2) Unit Assessments
Assessments are completed using a variety of methods and are submitted via our online student portal.
Dual Diploma of Business & Accounting assessments are conducted open book at either your home or office, and comprise of theoretical and practical exercises which are to be submitted within 36 months from your enrolment date.
Tax Practitioners Board Licensing Course units include an exam component, which needs to be independently supervised. Exams are three-hour, open-book assessments comprising of short answer and multiple choice questions, very similar in format to the unit assessments.
Exams are to be completed within 36 months from your enrolment date. Prior to your exam, you will need to complete and return the Supervisor Nomination Form to Applied Education detailing your supervisor's information, contact details and the elected date of your assessment.
Exams can be undertaken at any location and time of your choosing, with the only condition being that you have a nominated supervisor present. Your supervisor can be any person of responsibility such as a registered tax agent, member of an accounting professional body, public servant, doctor, nurse, police officer, director etc.
If you cannot arrange a supervisor then we offer the following options for conducting your supervised assessment:
Skype Online - online supervised exam with one of our staff members
Perth Training Centre - Level 1, 524 Hay St, Perth WA 6000
Melbourne Training Centre - Level 27, 101 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Sydney Training Centre - Level 26, 44 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000
Adelaide Training Centre - Level 30, Westpac House, 91 King William St Adelaide SA 5000
Brisbane Training Centre - Level 19, 10 Eagle St, Brisbane QLD 4000
We understand not everyone has the financial resources upfront to invest in training, so we offer payment plans to get you moving faster towards your future.
- Pay a $475 deposit at commencement of course
- Remainder can be paid over 6 or 12 equal monthly instalments.
- An administration fee is added for this option ($100 for 6 months or $150 for 12 months) and is spread across the plan. All you need is a valid credit card.
Concessions on Courses
Concession pricing is available for eligible students as per the Student Handbook. Proof of concession must be provided at the time of enrolment; please contact us to apply for a concession rate when enrolling.
Units of Competency
The Dual Diploma of Business and Accounting (BSB50215/FNS50217) consists of 21 units of competency.
Module 1 - Business Units
- BSBADM504 Plan and implement administrative systems
- BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- BSBRSK501 Manage Risk
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
Module 2 - Accounting Fundamentals
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
Module 3 - Diploma of Accounting Units*
- FNSACC512 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSACC513 Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC514 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC516 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC511 Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC517 Provide management accounting information
- FNSTPB503 Apply legal principles in consumer and contract law
*Course Manuals for Diploma of Accounting units
Please note that diploma-level accounting units will require the purchase of hard copy textbooks. Applied Education students receive a discount when ordering through our supplier, full details provided on enrolment. Cost to purchase these materials will be approximately $350.
Course materials for all other units are provided electronically at no extra cost.
Student Support - The Applied Education Difference
Free Upskill Courses:
Enrol in the Dual Diploma of Business and Accounting and enjoy access to additional online accounting software courses and Microsoft courses.
You'll also receive:
Receive access to the full suite of Google Apps with your student ID, including:
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Google Docs
- and more
2018 Tax Summary
Free electronic copy included in course (RRP $149). This tax guide is essential for anyone navigating the Australian taxation system.
- Project Consultant
- Business Coordinator
- Department Manager
- Team Leader
- Business Unit Manager
- Business Development Manager