For the professional bookkeeper in the making
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course is ideal for anyone looking to enter into the Bookkeeping or Accounting industries. It is the perfect preparation for anyone seeking a career as a professional bookkeeper, BAS agent or payroll officer. There are no prerequisites for this course.
You will be taught industry best practice from some of the most skilled and experienced professionals in the business. The course also meets the additional BAS agent education requirement of an approved course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles.
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping qualification is recognised in all states and territories in Australia.
As a Registered Training Organisation (ID 52240), we comply with the government’s strict quality and consistency standards. We conduct regular audits to ensure we keep this accreditation and deliver the level of training you deserve.
Higher Level Skills Program
The Higher Level Skills (HLS) program is a Queensland Government initiative that will offset the cost of a certificate IV or higher course so that Queenslanders can gain advanced skills to secure employment or further their careers. This subsidy is available to Australian or New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, or temporary residents with the necessary visa.
To be eligible for the HLS, you:
- must be a Queensland resident aged 15 years or older; and
- are no longer at school; and
- are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident; and
- must not hold, or be currently enrolled in, a certificate IV or higher level qualification (not including qualifications completed at school)
The courses offered by Applied Education that are eligible for Queensland funding are listed below.
|FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (Self-Paced only)||$870||$590|
|FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (Live Online + Self Paced)||$1070||$790|
*Students may be eligible for the concession rate if they:
a) hold a Health Care or Pensioner Concession card; or
b) are the partner or dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and they are named on the card.
FNS40217 Course Information
There are two options students can choose from for this course:
Online Self-Paced Learning
- Start your studies at any time, and study at your own pace.
- Log in to the online student portal at any time to access your course material.
- Complete your studies and assessments at a time that fits in with your lifestyle or other work commitments.
- Watch bonus classroom recordings to further assist your understanding of the course.
- Complete bonus upskill courses included free with the course.
Live Online Classroom
- Enjoy all the benefits of the online self-paced learning above, PLUS:
- Tune in to LIVE weekly online tutorials led by an experienced trainer. Ask questions, receive feedback and interact with other students in real time.
You will have up to 12 months to complete the course.
There is no minimum time frame, however, therefore students familiar with bookkeeping and accounting concepts may complete the course much sooner. Choose the pace of study that suits your personal situation.
The course requires up to 585 hours of study and assessment time, particularly for those who are new to bookkeeping and accounting.
Three-month extensions can be requested at no additional cost if required. Extensions beyond this are assessed according to individual circumstances and may incur additional fees.
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course material includes electronic textbooks, online tutorials and class recordings that are packed with high quality content.
Plenty of visuals and practice exercises keep the study varied and interesting, and having access to a team of qualified trainers ensures you get the most out of the materials.
PDF textbooks are included free with the course, alternatively you can purchase hard copies for a small fee.
1) Preliminary Assessments
Before participating in this course you will be required to complete simple preliminary assessments which include a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Test and a Work Health and Safety Assessment. Please note that it is now also a requirement of the Financial Services Training Package that your oral communication skills be assessed as part of your course. For online students, this will require the submission of a voice recording of a role-play conversation between yourself and others (further details will be provided upon enrolment).
2) Unit Assessments
Assessments are completed using a variety of methods and are submitted via our online student portal.
Assessments are open book, from either your home, office or classroom. They comprise of multiple choice quizzes, short answer, and calculations.
Accounting unit assessments use MYOB Student version or Xero (both are supplied).
Units of Competency
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course comprises 13 units of study.
8 Core Units
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- BSBSMB412 Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements*
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems*
5 Elective Units
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- FNSACC412 Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC414 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACC313 Perform financial calculations
*Unit part of the FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set
Xero Demo Company is included with the course, as well as free online Xero training.
Xero is used to complete unit FNSACC312.
MYOB Student Edition included with this course, plus free online MYOB training.
MYOB is used to complete units BSBFIA401, FNSACC311, FNSACC416, FNSACC412 and FNSACC414.
Units FNSTPB401 and FNSTPB402 can be completed in your choice of either Reckon, Xero or MYOB
Free Upskill Courses:
Enrol in the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping and enjoy access to additional online accounting software courses and Microsoft courses.
You'll also receive:
All enrolled students will receive access to the classroom recordings for the course.
Self-paced students and Live Online students will still be able to access full classroom recordings to assist with their studies.
Receive access to the full suite of Google Apps with your student ID, including:
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Google Docs
- and more
2018 Tax Summary
Free electronic copy included in course (RRP $149). This tax guide is essential for anyone navigating the Australian taxation system.