The first step in becoming a tax agent or accounting professional
The Diploma of Accounting is designed for those with accounting experience who are looking to become a qualified accounting professional.
It is ideal for anyone currently working in the industry and wanting to work as a senior bookkeeper or accountant or for those looking to gain partial educational requirements to become a tax agent.
• Prepare reports for corporate entities
• Prepare tax documents for individuals
• Provide business performance reporting
• Produce and analyse budgets
• Implement internal control procedures
• Perform management level accounting tasks
Get the course guide!
"Am I ready to study checklist?" included
LG QLD FNS30317 2020
Higher Level Skills Program
Study at your own pace
Access online video tutorials presented by our qualified trainers,
covering key learning concepts.
Complete your studies at a time that fits in
with your lifestyle or work commitments.
Bonus upskill courses
Tax Practitioners Board approved
FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
Non Concession $1520
FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles
Non Concession $1450
The Higher Level Skills (HLS) program is a Queensland Government initiative that will offset the cost of a certificate IV or higher course so that Queenslanders can gain advanced skills to secure employment or further their careers. This subsidy is available to Australian or New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, or temporary residents with the necessary visa.
To be eligible for the HLS, you must meet the following criteria:
- not hold or be currently enrolled in a certificate IV or higher level qualification (does not include qualifications completed in secondary school)
- be 15 years or older
- have completed or left secondary school
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in Queensland, or New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland
Steps to Enrol:
- Complete the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set, the entry requirement for the Diploma of Accounting (note - the skill set is not eligible for the HLS funding).
- Complete the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
If you have completed prior units of study, please contact us on 1800 678 073 regarding funding eligibility and/or credit transfers.
*Students may be eligible for the concession rate if they:
a) hold a Health Care or Pensioner Concession card; or
b) are the partner or dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and they are named on the card.
Training experts since 1999
Tax Practitioners Board Approved
TPB approved for BAS Agent registration
Expert trainers and passionate support
Online Video Tutorials
Hundreds of tutorials covering key learning concepts
Free Short Course Bundles Included
Queensland HLS Funded Students get all three online fundamental learning bundles free
We are proud to be a Skills Assure provider!
By choosing a subsidised course through a Skills Assure supplier, you can gain skills that are valued by industry and will help get you a job once you are finished your studies. Click here for more details
Student Support - The Applied Education Difference
Every student receives help getting started
and can book a welcome call
Dedicated Support Team and Ticket Lodgement
Facebook & Student Forums
Dedicated Facebook Study Group and Online Forums
Talk to Assessors & Student Services Team
Accreditation & Industry Partners
As a Registered Training Organisation (ID 52240), we comply with the government’s strict quality and consistency standards. We conduct regular audits to ensure we keep this accreditation and deliver the level of training you deserve.
Nationally Recognised Training - FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting is recognised in all states and territories of Australia.