If you are looking forward to a career as a Tax Agent, Applied Education has a variety of pathways to get you there as fast as possible with the skills required to be a Registered Tax Agent.
We offer 3 pathways to becoming a Tax Agent.
- Already have a degree in another discipline (Like a Bachelors degree or science degree) - Study the Tax Units Only
- No prior experience at all. Then you need to start with the Accounting Principles Skill Set. Once this is completed we credit transfer you into the Diploma of Accounting which contains the required TPB Tax Agent Units
- Completed a course like theCertificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, then we credit transfer you into the reminaing Diploma of Accounting Units.
Pathway Options to Become a Tax Agent
Have Industry Qualifications or Degree in another discipline?
Tax Agent Units
- Australian Taxation Law + Commercial Law Units
- Enrol in only the units you need, all Tax Board approved
- Associate Membership with Tax & Super Australia
- Online Learning - start anytime, study units in any sequence
No Prior Qualification?
Accounting Principles Skill Set
- Ideal for those with experience in accounting without a relevant qualification
- Gain the skill set for direct entry to the Diploma of Accounting
- Complete only 7 units
in 12 months
- Online Learning
Enrol now, start now
Have a Cert IV?
Diploma of Accounting
add tax units
- For those with Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Accounting
- Credit transfers available,
contact us to dicsuss
- Achieve the Diploma with the
tax units included
- Associate Membership
Tax & Super Australia
Not sure which course is right for you? Completed prior units and may be eligible for credits? Book a consultation with a course coordinator.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP INCLUDED
Tax & Super Australia
Applied Education has partnered with Tax & Super Australia to provide you with the tools and resources you need to thrive in your study and professional career.
As a Tax student of Applied Education, we cover your fees for a 12-month Associate Membership with Tax & Super Australia. This full-benefit membership is specifically designed to help you complete your study and prepare you for your future career as a Tax Professional with one of Australia's leading Recognised Tax Associations.
This offer is only available to tax students if you enrol in our TPB Tax Units, Diploma of Accounting + Tax or Advanced Diploma of Accounting. Key benefits to this membership include:
Tax & Support Australia provide extensive support to their members during the process of registration with the Tax Practitioners Board.
These essential guides are available online along with Rates & Threshold Pocket Guide and an extensive range of publications, tools and resources.
On successful completion you will receive post-nominals ATPA (Associate of TAI Practitioners & Advisers Ltd). These post-nominals on your business card and website show that you are a recognised tax professional with a registered tax association.
How to become a Tax Agent
The education requirements to become a Tax Agent, as set by the Tax Practitioners Board, that you need to acquire are:
From AUD 545
- relevant work experience.
- be over 18 years of age and a fit and proper person.
- have the required professional indemnity insurance.
- be a fit and propoer person.