EXTENDED BLACK FRIDAY DEALS
Save now on all courses
Ends 30 November 2020
If you are looking forward to a career as a Registered Tax Agent, Applied Education has a variety of pathways to get you there as fast as possible. Our tax pathway courses will provide you with all skills you will need to meet the educational requirements to be Registered Tax Agent.
What is the Tax Agent Pathway?
We offer 4 pathways to becoming a Tax Agent.
- No formal qualification? You need to start with the Accounting Principles Skill Set. Once this is completed we credit transfer you into the Diploma of Accounting + Tax which contains the required TPB Tax Agent units
- Completed a course like the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, then we will credit transfer you into the Diploma of Accounting + Tax.
- Already have a degree other than Law or Accounting? Study the Tax Units only
- Have a Diploma of Accounting or higher? Enrol in only the Tax Agent Registration units that you need to completed as confirmed by the Tax Practitioner Board (TPB).
Pathway Options to Become a Tax Agent
Degree in Accounting or another discipline?
Add Tax Agent Units only
- Australian Taxation Law + Commercial Law Units + Basic Accountancy Principles
- Enrol in only the units you need, all Tax Board approved
- Associate Membership with Tax & Super Australia
- Online Learning - start anytime, study units in any sequence
No Prior Qualification?
Start here-Accounting Principles Skill Set
- Ideal for those with experience in accounting without a relevant qualification
- Gain the skill set for direct entry to the Diploma of Accounting
- Complete only 7 units
in 12 months
- Online Learning
Enrol now, start now
Have a Cert IV?
Diploma of Accounting
then add Tax Units
- For those with Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Accounting
- Credit transfers available,
contact us to discuss
- Achieve the Diploma with the
tax units included
- Associate Membership with
Tax & Super Australia
Not sure which course is right for you? Completed prior units and may be eligible for credits? Book a consultation with a course coordinator.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP INCLUDED
Tax & Super Australia
Applied Education has partnered with Tax & Super Australia to provide you with the tools and resources you need to thrive in your study and professional career.
As a Tax student of Applied Education, we cover your fees for a 12-month Associate Membership with Tax & Super Australia. This full-benefit membership is specifically designed to help you complete your study and prepare you for your future career as a Tax Professional with one of Australia's leading Recognised Tax Associations.
This offer is only available to tax students if you enrol in our TPB Tax Units, Diploma of Accounting + Tax or Advanced Diploma of Accounting. Key benefits to this membership include:
Tax & Support Australia provide extensive support to their members during the process of registration with the Tax Practitioners Board.
These essential guides are available online along with Rates & Threshold Pocket Guide and an extensive range of publications, tools and resources.
On successful completion you will receive post-nominals ATPA (Associate of TAI Practitioners & Advisers Ltd). These post-nominals on your business card and website show that you are a recognised tax professional with a registered tax association.
How to become a Tax Agent
The education requirements to become a Tax Agent, as set by the Tax Practitioners Board, that you need to acquire are:
From AUD 545
These requirements include a primary qualification, Board-approved courses, relevant experience and other criteria.
Being a nationally recognised Diploma of Accounting or higher. If you don't have one, consider getting a nationally recognised an accounting qualification from Applied Education.
Board approved courses must be undertaken with an approved course provider for it to count towards meeting the education requirements for registration as a tax agent, BAS agent or tax (financial) adviser.
- relevant work experience.
- be over 18 years of age and a fit and proper person.
- have the required professional indemnity insurance.